If you want something done right, ask a mom! Moms have the innate ability to juggle all kinds of things like work, kids’ schedules, household chores and the day-to-day demands of caring for a family. And although most moms wouldn’t trade any of it for the world, their own self-care can sometimes take a back seat.
If you’re a mom, that inconsistent focus on your own needs often tallies up and can knock you off your feet by way of sickness or exhaustion. That leaves those who depend on you in a desperate place. As the saying goes, you can’t take care of others unless you take care of yourself first, as in the often used “airplane oxygen mask scenario” (In the event of a loss of pressure in the airplane put the mask on yourself first before putting it on your child.). And although it makes absolute sense most busy moms tend to prioritize their needs and self-care dead last.
Self Care Regimen For the Busy Mom
It’s time to change that attitude and give your family the gift of your health and wellness. At Cinzia Spa in Myrtle Beach we offer many ways for you to relax, renew and restore your wellbeing. We care about you mom! Here we’ve compiled a self-care regimen for busy moms to ensure you get the attention you need.
● Prioritize Your Sleep: Mom’s know sleep is important for growing bodies and brains. But sleep is also highly important for those who are caring for those little ones. You have a bedtime schedule and routine for your kids. Why not implement one for yourself? It can be difficult, once your kiddos are finally asleep, to do anything else but fall into bed and collapse. However, if you incorporate a routine for yourself, the subliminal message you're sending to your body is that it’s time to shut off your mind and enjoy a restful night’s sleep. Turn off the TV, perhaps take a warm lavender and epsom salt bath, read for a bit, or meditate on a relaxation mantra. Slather on a lotion in a scent that relaxes you and makes you feel ready for sweet dreams. Do anything that signals to your body and mind that it’s time to turn off the day and rest. You’ve certainly earned it!
● Take Advantage of Early Morning: Now that you’ve rested well, it’s time for a little “me time” before the hustle and bustle. Meditate and ease into your day, write in your journal or simply sip your coffee in peace. Taking a moment to ease into your day will allow you time to wake up without feeling rushed.
● Sneak in Some Exercise: Exercise can be difficult to fit into a busy mom’s day but your body and mind need it. Exerting yourself physically helps to dispel stress, get your blood pumping and release endorphins that make you feel wonderful. Cinzia Spa in Myrtle Beach has a state of the art fitness center that can help you reach your wellness goals.
● Mini-Sessions for Self-Care: All moms are busy but some have many more balls in the air than others. And, depending on the age and needs of your children, the time you can devote to self-care may be minimal. That’s when mini-sessions come in handy. Get in the habit of journaling just a few lines at the end of your day, queue up your favorite podcast and listen while you take a walk on your lunch hour, practice deep-breathing for a few minutes during your day, make your favorite meal once per week or take a few minutes to step outside and be in nature. Learn to grab the time while you can and remember the days may be long but the years are short.
● Invest in Some Intentional You Time: At Cinzia Spa we offer many options for busy moms to treat themselves. Our spa Day Packages combine relaxing massage, sauna, mani-pedi and facial to leave you renewed and refreshed, body and soul. By making the investment in your own self-care you’re not only treating yourself but you’re treating all of those people depending on you.
Treat The Mom in Your Life
If the busy mom in your life needs a little pick-me-up Cinzia Spa offers gift certificates to let her know she’s your priority. And don’t forget dad. Cinzia Spa has self-care rituals designed just for men. It can be easy for a new mom to get lost in the demands of an infant. We also offer services for new moms and moms-to-be.
Cinzia Spa in North Myrtle Beach has a full list of services designed to relax, restore and renew even the busiest parents. Contact Cinzia Spa in Myrtle Beach today to schedule your ideal self-care indulgence.